The plasma therapy has shown hope in treating Covid-19 patients. The plasma therapy trials in Delhi have been encouraging, said the Delhi health minister.
Meanwhile, the official number of the infected has neared 25,000 in India. The number of the dead so far is 779.
Here are the latest developments…
COUNT SO FAR
- Bihar reports 10 more cases; state tally climbs to 238.
- Andhra Pradesh reported 61 new positive cases, taking the total to 1,016.
- Maharashtra reports 394 new cases; state tally nears 7,000.
- Karnataka reports 15 new cases; tally climbs to 489.
- 92 hotspots in the national capital but the entire Delhi is not a hotspot: Delhi Health Minister.
- 7 new patients in Firozabad, total cases rise to 78.
- 157 fresh cases reported in Uttar Pradesh; total now 1,778.
- 40 new cases detected in Jammu and Kashmir; total now at 494: Officials.
- Hotspots in Noida: Red zone – 17, Orange zone – 13, Green zone – 10
- Bihar government is planning for plasma therapy at AIIMS, Patna.
- Plasma therapy trial results are very encouraging: Delhi Health Minister.
- BMC chief issues order for private clinics and nursing homes to remain open for non-coronavirus patients.
- Can’t remain in lockdown forever, govt should focus on livelihoods, says Raghuram Rajan.
- BoB announces Rs 10 lakhs ex-gratia, health cover for business correspondents.
- JK Cement receives nod to commence operations in Raj, MP, Haryana, Gujarat.
- Ola partners Delhi govt to offer free emergency mobility to citizens
- US FDA has issued a safety communication warning against the side effects of Hydroxychloroquine.
- China has approved its third coronavirus vaccine for the second phase of clinical trials.
- US states of Georgia, Oklahoma and Alaska began loosening lockdown.
- Singapore reports 618 new coronavirus cases, taking total to 12,693.
- Britain nears grim milestone of 20,000 coronavirus hospital deaths.
- Sri Lanka to lift nationwide curfew on Monday.
- Tokyo confirms 103 new coronavirus cases on Saturday.
- Iran’s coronavirus death toll rises by 76 to 5,650: Health ministry.
- Indonesia reports 396 new coronavirus cases, 31 more deaths.
- Spain’s death toll from the coronavirus rises to 22,902
- The monopoly fears triggered by Jio-Facebook deal are too real to ignore. Agree? Tell us here