coronavirus epidemic. Here is a look at some of the key points from his video address —
- On April 5, I urge all of you to stand on your doorway or balconies and for nine minutes light a candle, diya, torch or your mobiles with an aim to fight the darkness spread by coronavirus with light.
- If everyone lights one diya each,then we will realise the power of that light. We will be able to highlight the objective for which we all are fighting together.
- I have one request. During this event, no one is supposed to gather. No one should assemble on roads or their colonies. This task needs to be completed from balconies and doorways of your homes.
- The country-wide lockdown completed nine days today. During this time, the way you people have set an example of discipline and service was unprecedented.
- Do not cross Lakshman Rekha of social distancing. Social distancing is not to be broken under any circumstances. This is the panacea for breaking the corona chain.
- The way all of you on March 22 thanked everyone fighting against coronavirus was appreciated across the world. Countries around the world are adopting the concept.
- When millions of people are enclosed inside their homes, there must be some who must be asking how can they alone fight this battle against Covid-19.
- We are not alone. This is the power of 130 crore people.
- This awareness gives us motivation, gives us a goal and gives us the energy to achieve them, it further clears our path.
- Friends, amidst this darkness caused by coronavirus epidemic, we need to constantly pursue to reach towards the light.
On Thursday, taking to Twitter, the Prime Minister informed — “At 9 am tomorrow, I’ll share a small video message with my fellow Indians.”
In his address to the nation on March 24, the Prime Minister had announced a 21-day lockdown in the country to contain the spread of novel coronavirus, which has infected over 2,000 people in the country.