Tahir Hussain, AAP councillor booked for IB officers murder during Delhi violence

Ghughuti Bulletin


NEW DELHI: Aam Aadmi Party councillor
Tahir Hussain was suspended on Thursday from the party after Delhi police booked him for the murder of Intelligence Bureau officer during the violence in North-East Delhi earlier this week.

A murder case was registered against Hussain in the killing of IB staffer Ankit Sharma, on the basis of a complaint given by Sharma’s father. The family of Sharma had alleged that Hussain’s supporters brutally assaulted Ankit and killed him.

The house of Hussain who is AAP’s municipal councillor from Nehru Vihar in Chand Bagh still has a number of petrol bomb bottles, acid pouches, and stones scattered on the rooftop and inside.

Hussain’s house has come under the scanner after a number of videos on social media showed over 100 to 150 people pelting stones, throwing petrol bombs and acid on Monday and Tuesday afternoon.

Hussain denied the allegations and claimed that he was the “target”, and “not the attacker”.

Speaking to reporters in the national capital, Hussain said, “I was the target and not the attacker. Just tell me one thing, will any rioter allow the police to enter his house if he is involved?”

His remarks came after a number of videos surfaced on social media, showing people allegedly throwing petrol bombs and stones from his rooftop. Following the surfacing of the videos, Delhi Police have sealed Hussain’s house besides registering a case against him.

In one such video, Hussain is seen holding a wooden stick with smoke rising from his building. Admitting that he was seen in the video, he clarified that the video was of February 24.

“The rioters had entered my house after breaking the main door. I was trying to shoo them away using a lathi,” he said, adding that he had even called the police but no one responded to his calls.

Hussain further said that the police came to his house at 9 p.m. on Sunday. “Joint Commissioner Alok Kumar and DCP A.K. Singla came here. They searched my house in the presence of my neighbours, following which I left along with my family,” he said, adding that when he returned on Tuesday morning, he found the situation has worsened. So he left again after speaking to the police.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Next Post

Trump told Modi he was asked by Imran Khan to mediate but doesn’t intend to