1. The number of coronavirus cases in India rose to 3,072 on Saturday, according to the Ministry of Health and Family welfare. Covid-19 has killed 75 people in the country.
2. The coronavirus has killed more than 60,000 people across the world and infected over 11 lakh people. Italy has recorded 14,681 deaths, the maximum in the world. United States has the most number of cases.
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke to US President Donald Trump and said that India is working closely with the US to combat the coronavirus pandemic.
4. The Centre announced on Saturday that testing and treatment of Covid-19 will be free for beneficiaries of Ayushman Bharat scheme.
5. In a press briefing, the health ministry said that 1,023 Covid-19 cases across 17 states are linked to the Tablighi Jamaat and nearly 22,000 workers and their contacts have been placed under quarantine.
6. The government on Saturday imposed restrictions on the export of diagnostic kits with immediate effect.
7. The Centre has issued an advisory encouraging citizens to cover their faces with homemade masks while stepping out to protect themselves amid the escalating coronavirus crisis in the country.
8. The US registered 1,480 deaths – the worst single-day toll in the world since the pandemic began – in 24 hours on Friday. The toll in the US is now 7,406. Following this, US President Donald Trump announced that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was urging people to wear face coverings such as scarves but to free medical-grade masks for health workers.“It’s going to be really a voluntary thing,” he added. “You don’t have to do it and I’m choosing not to do it, but some people may want to do it and that’s okay.”
9. China on Saturday mourned the death of thousands of its people due to the coronavirus pandemic in the past few months. President Xi Jinping led the commemoration ceremony held in the morning. The country has reported 82,526 cases and 3,330 deaths according to the Johns Hopkins University tracker.
10. Spain on Saturday reported 809 deaths in the past 24 hours. The country’s toll is now 11,744.