Explore Pauri Garhwal Map here which is one of the 13 districts of northern state of Uttarakhand, Explore the Uttarakhand Map & 13 Districts and their bordering districts. It is also one of the 7 districts of Garhwal division of Uttarakhand. Other division being Kumaon, which includes remaining 6 districts of the state. Its district headquarters are in the town of Pauri.
For administrative purposes, the District is divided into six Sub Divisions & 13 Tehsils. A sub division is led by a Sub Divisional Magistrates or SDM. The Sub Divisional Offices are similar to Collectorate with regard to the number of sections, and they also act as an intermediary within the administrative system.
Sub Divison & Tehsils of Pauri Garhwal
4. Rikhnikhal (sub-Tahsil)
Map of Pauri Garhwal District and its Borders:
Pauri Garhwal is situated in the western part of Uttarakhand, covering an area of approximately 5,398 square kilometers. It is located at an average elevation of around 1,814 meters above sea level. The district is surrounded by Chamoli and Rudraprayag districts in the east, Tehri Garhwal in the south, and Dehradun and Haridwar districts in the west.
The district of Pauri Garhwal is diverse in topography. It ranges from the foothills of Kotdwara’s ‘Bhabars’ to the heart-warming meadows at Dhudatoli. The winters are snowy. Pauri Garhwal is a tourist destination that offers a stunning view of the Himalayan splendour.
the above map of Pauri Garhwal district shares its border with Tehri Garhwal, Chamoli, Dehradun, Haridwar, Almora, Nanital district and Bijnore District of Uttar Pradesh offers a delightful blend of natural splendor and spiritual retreats.
To explore this enchanting region to the fullest, a detailed map of Pauri Garhwal is essential. This map aims to provide you with a comprehensive view of the various district boundries, and locations in Pauri Garhwal.
The cultural heritage of Pauri Garhwal is equally captivating. The region is steeped in history and tradition, with various cultural landmarks scattered throughout the district.
From the ancient temples to the historical towns, Pauri Garhwal offers a glimpse into the rich cultural tapestry of the region. Exploring the district is like stepping back in time, immersing oneself in the vibrant traditions and customs of the Garhwali people.
Pauri Garhwal has a beautiful view of the Himalayas with snow-capped peaks, picturesque valleys and surrounding ings. It also boasts dense forests, rivers that meander, and people who are hospitable with a rich cultural heritage.
Quick Facts Pauri Garhwal District:
- According to the 2001 census data, Pauri Garhwal had a population of 697 078.
- Pauri is one of the most popular hill station. Pauri Garhwal has a pleasant climate in the summer, and a cold one in winter. There are many places to visit for family vacations or weekend getaways.
- This region is known for its snow-capped mountains, lush green valleys and climate.
- Khirsu and Kandoliya Chaukhamba View Point, as well as Lansdowne can be explored. Khirsu provides a panoramic view Garhwal Himalayas
- Pauri Garhwal has many Hindu temples that are important for spirtual tourism.
- Binsar Mahadev temple
- Danda Nagraja temple
- Ekeshwar Mahadev temple
- Jwalpa Devi temple
- Kandoliya Devta temple
- Kyukaleshwar Mahadev Temple
- Nadbudh Bhhairava Temple
- Shoonya Shikhar Ashram
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev temple
- Tapkeshwar Mahadev temple
Pauri Garhwal also serves as an educational hub for Garhwal Division. There are many good schools and colleges in the district. Some of them include:
- G.B. Pant Engineering College Ghurdauri
- HNB Central University, Srinagar
- Srinagar Medical Collage
- Government Food Craft Institute, Department of Horticulture and Food Proceessing, Kotdwar.
- Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali, Horticulture Univeristy, Bharsaar